Navigating an Uncertain Marketplace: 2017 World of Wood Convention Registration Opens Nov. 30th
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
For Immediate Release
Media Contact: Mike Burita 202.420.9361 or firstname.lastname@example.org
61st Annual Event Promises Innovative Business Solutions, Market Intelligence,
and Networking with over 300 Attendees from Robust Global Imported Woods Market
Alexandria, Virginia – Shifting political winds could impact growth prospects for the global wood products market in 2017. Companies must keep abreast of market developments that will have a direct impact on profitability. The 2017 World of Wood Convention offers attendees the opportunity to learn from and interact with speakers and panelists with the foremost expertise in regulatory compliance, market intelligence, and corporate branding. The annual convention hosted by IWPA will take place April 5-7, 2017, at the Hotel Nikko in San Francisco, California.
According to International Wood Products Association President Bronson Newburger, of Clarke Veneers and Plywood: “World of Wood is the one North American event that brings together leaders from every segment of the global wood products supply chain. The information my staff and I take away each year is critical to our business. As the current IWPA President, I look forward to welcoming attendees from all over the world in beautiful San Francisco.”
Over 300 importers, U.S. manufacturers, exporters, wholesalers, offshore suppliers, and service providers to the global wood products industry from nearly 30 countries attend this premier annual event. Highlights from this year’s gathering include:
• Marc Chandler, Brown Brothers Harriman Global Head of Currency Strategy, will keynote Thursday’s program with a discussion about the latest currency trends and how they will impact the global wood products market. He is the author of the book Making Sense of the Dollar from Bloomberg Press.
• Best-selling author Peg Fitzpatrick will keynote Friday’s program with her presentation entitled “10 Things You Can do to Boost Your Social Marketing.” Fitzpatrick has spearheaded successful social media campaigns for Motorola, Audi, Google, and Virgin as well as having been a brand ambassador for Kimpton Hotels, McDonald’s, and currently working with Adobe on Spark.
• A timely deep-dive session on forthcoming regulations on formaldehyde emissions for composite wood products, featuring Erik Winchester of the Environmental Protection Agency and Lynn Baker of the California Air Resources Board.
• There will also be discussions on a new petition initiated with the International Trade Commission and Department of Commerce which could result in higher duties on plywood products imported from China.
• Pre-convention: IWPA will offer its “Seeing the Forest and the Trees” compliance course designed to help wood trade professionals establish standard operating procedures to comply with the Lacey Act.
Attendees and their families can take advantage of fun activities and networking events including the IWPA Annual Golf Classic and a special guided tour in the “Sausalito And California Redwoods Experience.” The World of Wood will take place at the newly renovated Hotel Nikko, featuring a modern design and Asian influence set in a city world-famous for its charm and cutting-edge style. The Hotel Nikko is just steps from Union Square in the heart of San Francisco.
“This is a critical time for our industry to understand the new political climate and emerging best practices in order to keep the global wood products market vibrant. We have assembled a full program of informative presentations by industry leaders, compliance and branding experts, not to mention the benefits of networking with colleagues throughout the supply chain,” said IWPA Executive Director Cindy Squires.
Register and book your hotel accommodations today! Take advantage of Early Bird registration rates before they expire January 15, 2017. The IWPA room block expires March 4, 2017.
REGISTER FOR WORLD OF WOOD 2017 HERE
HOTEL RESERVATIONS HERE
SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITIES HERE
Established in 1956, the International Wood Products Association (www.IWPAwood.org) is the leading international trade association for the North American imported wood products industry, representing 220 companies and trade associations engaged in the import of hardwoods and softwoods from sustainably managed forests. Association members consist of three key groups involved in the import process: U.S. importers and consuming industries, offshore manufacturers and the service providers that facilitate trade.